The Academic Planning Unit provides a range of management information and planning support to facilitate informed decision–making, planning and policy formulation, and the overall strategic development of the institute.
The office is the initial point of contact on matters relating to statistical collections. The office also supplies statistical information to government agencies and a range of parties throughout the wider community.
The role of the Academic Planning Unit is to provide timely and accurate information to the institute for planning and managerial decision-making, administer key institute investigative research into areas of needs, coordinate compliance reporting activities and guide the management in decision- making.
In carrying out its responsibilities, the Academic Planning Unit:
– Produces a range of institutional statistics and undertakes data manipulation, analysis and interpretation to convert raw data into useful management information.
– Compiles and analyse statistical data for use in general planning, strategic and analysis planning, budgeting, sundry management requirement and repository
– Prepares academic brief for internal and external purposes
– Monitors resources allocation and utilization in line with the plans of the institute
– Develops resources allocation parameter
– Determines manpower needs, control and staff development
– Prepares annual plans of the institute for submission to government.
– Provision of data-based information on various aspect of the institute operations
– Undertakes planning – related investigations and studies.
– Prepares institute budget estimates
– Coordinates defrosting of positions and recruitment exercise
– Coordinates teaching and research equipment grants
– Determines allocation parameter of Direct Teaching Laboratory Cost (DTLC) to academic departments and units
– Computes excess workload for academics and technologists in the institute.
– Coordinates accreditation programmes of the institute.
– Provides close monitoring of the institute programmes so as to maintain the quality of our programmes and effective service delivery.
Haj. Maryam Abubakar
Ag. Academic Planning Officer,
Academic Planning Committee.